In the meantime...
You know how there are moments in your life that you will just never forget? I have quite a few, but I added to my collection Friday after work. Son called to see when I was picking up grandson at about 4:45. I told him I'd be on my way in about 15 minutes. (He lives about 10 minutes away.) He said that grandson had become fussy and almost inconsolable. I could hear him in the background. Son instructed me to not even knock, just come on in when I got there.
As soon as I walked in, one of son's friends was just picking up a crying baby and son said, "Give him to grandma. She just has a way with him." He turned to hand him to me. As grandson saw me, he became excited. You could see it on his face! As soon as I took him in my arms, he wrapped one arm around my arm. With the other arm, he grabbed the front of my shirt and held on, and buried his face in my shoulder. ...and was quiet except for a few excited breaths. It's the best baby hug I've ever had. And he wouldn't let go. At 8 weeks, he knows me. ...he loves me.
Son says, "See what I mean? She has a way with him."
What did you do over your weekend? This is what I did on mine...
As soon as I walked in, one of son's friends was just picking up a crying baby and son said, "Give him to grandma. She just has a way with him." He turned to hand him to me. As grandson saw me, he became excited. You could see it on his face! As soon as I took him in my arms, he wrapped one arm around my arm. With the other arm, he grabbed the front of my shirt and held on, and buried his face in my shoulder. ...and was quiet except for a few excited breaths. It's the best baby hug I've ever had. And he wouldn't let go. At 8 weeks, he knows me. ...he loves me.
Son says, "See what I mean? She has a way with him."
What did you do over your weekend? This is what I did on mine...



No comments:
Post a Comment